Saturday, July 21, 2012

Daraitan River, Tanay, Rizal :D

June 21, 2012


Tricia the explorer together with her mother Cookie, her professor ms. Perez, her neighbor ate menchie and her friends Genie and Con had the chance to join the TANAY EXPLORER for an unforgettable experience to DARAITAN RIVER! :D



We started our day at around 3 am.. I started to call all of them to make sure that they could make it!! I was in a big stress that moment, due to a not so good weather but thanks to HIM who answered my prayer not to rain in the morning! :D

At 4:30 they arrived on my place and my Dad decided to drive us all the way to TANAY PARK..  yeah I love you Daddy for that mua! XD

We arrived at around 4:45 am... when I was able to get a glimpse of the Jeepneys with a signage of Tanay Explorer I cant explain me feelings that time.. I got so excited that I want to jump at that very moment to look for the man of the day! Mr. Bien Magpantay... Luckily I saw him instantly and he accommodated us so much.. I love it haha!


This is the jeep that we will ride all the way to the site.. :D The wheels starts to roll at exactly 5:36 am and woohh my heart beat's faster... :D wahh due to lack of sleep we tried to take a power nap for a while...

6 am and where here! 1st stop Sampaloc Ynares Gym to attend a short program and an "ALAY LAKAD PARA SA KALIKASAN"

rain can' stop us... an estimate of 300 participants walk wall the way to marcos high way, then back to the gym...

Tanay Police, AFP, Teachers, Students, Guests, LGU.. different groups of people with one goal... to help our nature to be preserved and loved by everyone! :D



And because it's raining and I don't have a water proof camera.. I wasn't able to capture every scene of the day.. It's okay memories are much better than pictures haha! XD


Back to gym... and we had a photo op with The Big Men's of Tanay.. the Mayor and the Vice Mayor :D Hands down to the Mayor of Tanay... He is not like the other Mayoy's who can't mingle with his subordinates... he's very hands on with the activity... he can walk without body guards beside him, he did the "alay lakad" with everyone... I love it! :D That's what a REAL LEADER is.. I was so struck to him that I find myself staring at him... ahah seriously! XD




After that we rest and grab some pandesal to fill in our empty stomack hahah!XD Them we heard that there will be an aerobics so we joined and stretched our bodies :D

with a shock the girl on the mic said.. Good Bye TANAY EXPLORERS thank you for joining us! XD and I was like trolled..

We were left there all alone hahah! I went back to were our jeep is parked and it's gone.. I don't know what to do..:( But I should go back to focus.. so I started to call Mr. Bien to tell him our story.. without a second word for the 2nd time around he accommodated us again so well! :D He instruct us to stay beside the Shell station and wait for a tricycle to pick us up! :D With my 100 % trust to him we waited there..


A sample pic of HABAL HABAL XD
While waiting I asked the locals about how to go to Daraitan.. you have 2 options... either ride a "HABAL-HABAL a single motorcycle with big strong steel bars on the side for support.. good for or more yeah as in MORE passengers and a driver haha..or a tricycle good for 4-5 passengers.. I was't able to grab a picture due to rain... wahhh.. :D


The tricycle is here.. con, genie and me ride the tricycle of Kuya JHUNE pronounced as JUHUNE hahah XD.. He is a very jolly driver.. always game to entertain his passengers..  Whenever their is a beautiful scenery he will stop and be our photographer he even climb up his tricycle to be able to have a great shot for us. :D Unfortunately he don't


Presenting Tanay Mountains!XD

Kuya Jhune Climb up his tricycle for this one :D

To Daraitan as the sign says haha XD TINIPAK ROCK 

Grabbing the chance of an empty road! XD 

So in love with this! XD  

Fog all over the place.. brrr XD

The tricycle is here.. con, genie and me ride the tricycle of Kuya JHUNE pronounced as JUHUNE hahah XD.. He is a very jolly driver.. always game to entertain his passengers..  Whenever their is a beautiful scenery he will stop and be our photographer he even climb up his tricycle to be able to have a great shot for us. :D Unfortunately I wasn't able to took a picture of him!
Jungle Fighters :D



Half way to Daraitan we passed through this troops that looks like a jungle fighter with grass and plants all over there body, wearing camouflage uniform and carrying some rifle and other kinds of firearms..  Even if it's raining they cant stop walking... I salute them!! :D Fighting for jungle :D




Big and strong waters behind us! XD
Mr Bien Magpantay XD

At last we're here! I'm not surprised with the big waters and strong current of the water... But I was amazed by the "LOCAL BANCEROS" who strives hard and think hard for our safety.. :D  Even if we are late for the main trekking we still made this day worth it! :D We had the chance to ride the boat and to experience how the banceros drive the boat properly with a strong current...
Me and Con wearing life vests! XD safety first XD

5 passengers and 2 banceros per trip :D

They will 1st move so far from the 1st point and drift quickly and let the strong water bring us to the next point with the help of a "sagwan" and a long bamboo stick..:D

Rock Balancing is Amazing! XD

The guy who discovered rock balancing!XD

My own version of rock balancing! :D At least haha

Go con! trying to do her version XD

Yeah that's my Mom with her version on tip the banca! XD

What can you say? hahah XD

Speechless! XD

Then water becomes bigger and stronger..so in no time we need to go back to our jeep and its lunch time! :D The rescue team spoiled us with life-vest all I did is to stand up and let Mr. rescuer zip it and tie it for me..

Thanks to this guy who assisted my mom! :D

And because thew water rises up we need to climb a little up the mountain side to be able to go back to our place... Then about 5 meters walk along the river again and we're done! :D

Went up to the Jeep where the food is being placed.. Rice, Adobo and Boiled Banana for everyone! :D I wasn't able to take a picture hahah sorry for that! :D By the way who ever cooked the Adobo.. It was so yummy! :D 

Done with our lunch.. went back to our Jeep # 2 and the wheels rolled again to bring us safe back to Tanay Proper... :D

Everybody is tired and chilling! :D
On our way home.. everyone is chilling coz we dont have clothes or towel to dry ourselves..it's raining and the wind is so cold.. brrr :D It's an hour drive back to town.. :D



I saw this signage on our way home and thinking to go here some other time!! wanna come with me?? :D


Here come's Tanay Park...Drop-off point for the participants... :D We went home riding a public jeep all wet haha...Luckiy the driver allowed us to ride his jeep.. :D


As soon as we got home we took a warm bath and had a quality time chatting about everything that happened..laughed about funny moments and thinking that we are so blessed to be a part of this activity.. :D 

No regrets with this one! I hope we can still join other activities of TANAY EXPLORER! :D

Special thanks to the people who assisted me in joining this event.. :D


Mr. Don Gerones, Mr. Medel Mendes, Mr. Mr. Bien Magpantay and Ms. Rosalyn :D and of course to the LGU of TANAY...


TANAY EXPLORER YOUR THE BEST! :D



Take nothing but pictures
Kill nothing but time
Bring nothing but memories
Leave nothing but footprints


Till next time... Super Thankful to be a part of this event! :D
 I salute Tanay, Rizal! :D
More Power! :D
God is with you! :D





1 comment:

  1. Great story of adventure, reading it makes me feel as if I was also there enjoying every moment of that wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete